ATHENA (MLS) Multi Layer Gasket
- ATHENA MLS gaskets feature a combination of 3 to 5 layers made of different types of raw materials.
- Outer and inner layers combination is designed to perform at higher compression levels than stock configuration and type of steels that are used may vary upon the engine requirements.
- Athena MLS gaskets provide an even torque load across the sealing surface to compensate any type of bore distortion.
- Athena MLS gasket is the best solution for both aluminum heads to cast iron blocks and aluminum heads to aluminum blocks.
- Athena New Design MLS Head Gaskets are made from high grade 301 stainless steel full hard material.
- Each layer is individually formed using a state-of-the-art laser cutting and embossed with an optimized formation process.
- 2 head gasket layers go through a stress relieving process to significantly reduce embossment forming induced stress.
- Proprietary two-part polymer coating is applied after the stress relieving process and ensures uniform coverage of the outer layers providing no break in the coating.This process ensures the micro seal of engine coolant/oil fluids.
- Athena MLS gaskets are tested and analyzed on Engine Dynos and endurance performances.
Gas Stopper Technology
Gas stopper technology is a key design factor of racing MLS head gaskets. The stainless-steel stopper layer features a state of the art “active fold”. which delivers a high-pressure seal around the cylinder bore when tightening the cylinder head. Gas stopper is located around the combustion chamber. allowing cylinder head and engine block to clamp tighter and preventing gases to leak out of the combustion chamber.
This also avoids component distortion by means of a quicker equalization of the various components’ temperature.
- Superior sealing properties under high pressure conditions
- Higher elasticity and constant load resistance
- Optimized load balance
- Improved engine performance
- Longer durability
Proprietary Coating Technology
- Our two-part polymer coating is applied after the stress relieving process and ensures uniform coverage of the outer layers providing no break in the coating. This process ensures the micro seal of engine coolant/oil fluids and meets the demands of a variety of harsh environments.
- The first layer is a high temperature compound that will conform to fill engine block deck surface and cylinder head surface irregularities. (Typical MLS head gaskets require a surface finish of 30 Ra. while Athena’s will seal surface finishes up to 60 Ra).
- The second layer itself releases easily and will not stick to mating surfaces when disassembling the engine.”