The ZRP crankshaft for Cosworth is manufactured from aerospace grade 4340 solid billet steel and no compromises have been made to the quality of the material, in order to ensure the best possible product. This crankshaft designed carefully from our vast experience, to provide the best possible engine performance and the production process consist of very strict inspections to ensure that they have the best quality and tight tolerances for perfect fitment.
The Ford crankshaft is fully balanced to 1gr.cm /- 0.1 using state of the art Sunnen machines. Balance results report included.
Product Features and Design
- Aero-Wing counterweights for reduced windage to increase horsepower
- Undercut profiled counterweights to minimize weight and reduce rotating mass.
- Cross Drilled lubrication system
- Chamfered oil holes
- Journal radius disperse load stress.
- Tapered rod journals for weight reduction.
- Full CNC machining.
- ION (Plasma) Nitride process for hardening.
- Multi Stage Heat Treatment.
- Shot peening for stress release.
- 100% Magna-fluxing for flawless surface finish.
- Heat treatment for superior wear resistance.
- Micro-polishing for longer bearing life.
- Sonic tested and X-rayed to ensure a reliable end product.